Re: gnome guidelines and keybindings [Fwd: more keybindings]

On Wed, 2001-12-12 at 23:25, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> > Does it mean utilizing DiaCanvas (2 or otherwise) in Dia or making
> > DiaCanvas a generic widget for use in GTK2/GNOME2?  Just curious.
>
> DiaCanvas (2 if you want) is already a generic widget, originally a spin off
> of dia's canvas, now a more generic facility (or so I understand). It seems
> it features a lot of cool features, including all incantations for Pango
> support (and rotation IIRC).  Less code, more good code.

DiaCanvas is indeed a generic widget. It resembles the GnomeCanvas API.
It does use Pango for text and can do rotation. All elements on the
canvas can be rotated or sheared (this includes text and images).

Another feature I like is that DiaCanvas does not need "connection
points" anymore, putting to rest another popular FAQ (especially wrt UML
classes). It uses a simple constraint solver to keep connections in
place.

You can take a look at the screenshots at
http://diacanvas.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php.

Regards,

Arjan