Re: need more help compiling from CVS

On 2001.08.02 10:03 Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> Le jeu, aoû 02, 2001, à 07:18:17 -0700, Andrew S . Halper a écrit:
>
> > > So it wants to use your internal gettext's libintl.h ; do you have an
> > > /usr/include/libintl.h ?
> >
> > Yes.  It is provided by glibc-devel:
>
> Good.
> > I don't have any libnsl packages that I know of:
>
> but you do have some /lib/libnsl-$VERSION.so, and it is provided by libc6,
> isn't it ?

It's provided by glibc-2.2.2, which is libc6 right?

> hmmm.... Can you upgrade to some version of libtool 1.4 ?
> Maybe the recent gettextize (from gettext-0.10.38+) exercises some newer
> libtool features ?

Rawhide again...OK, done.  Had to upgrade Automake dependency as well.

> > OK, I think the symbolic link worked.  Seems kind of hacky for a long-term
> > solution though.  The files /usr/include/libintl.h and ./intl/libintl.h are
> > different, but it sounds like you already knew that.
>
> Aaah. We have definite progress. Yes, I knew the libintl.h would be
> different, because 1) they were on my system 2) the preprocessed code you
> posted did look different from what I got by default on my system, but
> looked very similar to what I got using --with-included-gettext.
>
> I'd like to know whether a newer libtool solves the issue without making a
> symlink. If it's not that, we'll have to both investigate more, and write a
> warning about the symlink issue somewhere (the FAQ, ./INSTALL, ./NEWS,
> whatever is appropriate).

Yes, that seemed to cure everything except the jade problem.  Built a fresh
checkout just to make sure.

> > Now I think the application is installing ok, but there's lots of jade
> errors
> > when the documentation is installed like:
>
> This is a really different kettle of fish. I know nothing about jade, but I
> think you're missing a DTD:
> > identifier for public text "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.1//EN"
> FWIW, my version of jade is 1.2.1 and the stylesheet and db2html stuff is
> provided by a package named cygnus-stylesheets 0.10.2. Which versions are
> yours ?  If you manage to compile the doc using more recent packages, please
> tell us the versions you have used. This'll definitely need to go to the
> NEWS file (and .spec and debian/control).

I don't have the cygnus-stylesheets package.  I'll look into it.

> By the way, are you aware that all your recent posts to the list were sent
> twice ?

Sorry about that.  Little too free-and-easy with the Reply All button.

Thanks for your help,
Andy