Re: need more help compiling from CVS

Le jeu, aoû 02, 2001, à 07:18:17 -0700, Andrew S . Halper a écrit:

> > So it wants to use your internal gettext's libintl.h ; do you have an
> > /usr/include/libintl.h ?
>
> Yes.  It is provided by glibc-devel:

Good.
> I don't have any libnsl packages that I know of:

but you do have some /lib/libnsl-$VERSION.so, and it is provided by libc6,
isn't it ?

> [ashalper@rocket ~/dia]$ libtool --version
> ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.3.5 (1.385.2.206 2000/05/27 11:12:27)
> [ashalper@rocket ~/dia]$

hmmm.... Can you upgrade to some version of libtool 1.4 ?
Maybe the recent gettextize (from gettext-0.10.38+) exercises some newer
libtool features ?

> OK, I think the symbolic link worked.  Seems kind of hacky for a long-term
> solution though.  The files /usr/include/libintl.h and ./intl/libintl.h are
> different, but it sounds like you already knew that.

Aaah. We have definite progress. Yes, I knew the libintl.h would be
different, because 1) they were on my system 2) the preprocessed code you
posted did look different from what I got by default on my system, but
looked very similar to what I got using --with-included-gettext.

I'd like to know whether a newer libtool solves the issue without making a
symlink. If it's not that, we'll have to both investigate more, and write a
warning about the symlink issue somewhere (the FAQ, ./INSTALL, ./NEWS,
whatever is appropriate).

> Now I think the application is installing ok, but there's lots of jade errors
> when the documentation is installed like:

This is a really different kettle of fish. I know nothing about jade, but I
think you're missing a DTD:
> identifier for public text "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.1//EN"
FWIW, my version of jade is 1.2.1 and the stylesheet and db2html stuff is
provided by a package named cygnus-stylesheets 0.10.2. Which versions are
yours ?  If you manage to compile the doc using more recent packages, please
tell us the versions you have used. This'll definitely need to go to the
NEWS file (and .spec and debian/control).

By the way, are you aware that all your recent posts to the list were sent
twice ?

Grumpf.