Re: Autoconf trouble

Le mer, aoû 01, 2001, à 07:45:41 -0500, Lars Clausen a écrit:

> When I try to ./autogen.sh the newest CVS, I get the following from
> autoheader:
>
> FATAL ERROR: Autoconf version 2.50 or higher is required for this script

So it works. Good ! :-)

> Now debian unstable autoconf (including autoheader) is only at 2.13, so
> where did this come from?  Still configures fine, though.

It comes from me (it looked to me that the AC_PUSH stuff was confusing
autoconf 2.13. The (debian package) maintainer of autoconf told me it was
libtool's fault, see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=107030 ).

I'm running a fairly outdated sid, and I've got this on my system:

muscat%LC_ALL=C dpkg -l "*auto*"                             ~/Code/2001/dia/dia-namedcvs/dia
uppercase=bad)
ii  autobook       1.2-2          GNU Autoconf, Automake and Libtool Book
ii  autoconf       2.52-1         automatic configure script builder
pi  autoconf2.13   2.13-35        automatic configure script builder (obsolete
rc  autofs         3.1.7-3        A kernel-based automounter for Linux.
ii  automake       1.4-p4-1       A tool for generating GNU Standards-complian
ii  autoproject    0.12-2         create a skeleton source package for a new p
ii  autotools-dev  20010719.1     Update infrastructure for config.{guess,sub}
ii  ipautofw       980511-1       Utility to automatically add masquerade entr
muscat%dpkg -S =autoheader                                   ~/Code/2001/dia/dia-namedcvs/dia
détourné par autoconf2.13 de: /usr/bin/autoheader
détourné par autoconf2.13 à: /usr/bin/autoheader2.50
autoconf2.13, autoconf: /usr/bin/autoheader

Requiring autoconf 2.50+ seemed to me a good deterrent against people with
outdated systems who attempt to compile CVS, run autogen.sh and then
complain they miss this or that M4 macro. Okay, I wanted to avoid
downgrading my libtool :-)

Grumpf.