Autoconf trouble

When I try to ./autogen.sh the newest CVS, I get the following from
autoheader:

FATAL ERROR: Autoconf version 2.50 or higher is required for this script

Now debian unstable autoconf (including autoheader) is only at 2.13, so
where did this come from?  Still configures fine, though.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg
will defend to the death your right to say it."    |   of Westfield
    --Evelyn Beatrice Hall paraphrasing Voltaire   | Chaos Berserker of Khorne