Re: XML to diagram & layout engine -- (was: Re: XML to diagram)

Hi,

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 17:58 +0100, Lars Clausen wrote:
> Luc Pionchon sagde:
> > Hi,
> >
> > dia native format is XML. So you can either use dia format, either use
> > your own format and transform it with an XSL transformation sheet. This
> > is quite easy to realize.
> >
> > However dia does not have layout engine. It means you will have to tell
> > dia where to put the elements.
> >
> > Adding a layout engine to dia is certainly a very exciting project, if
> > you want to have a go!
>
> I think I should mention at this point that dot, the graph layout program
> in the graphviz package, now supports Dia format, see
> http://www.graphviz.org/cvs/doc/info/output.html.

Hmm...
on the documentation page [1], there is also a document called "Using
Graphviz as a library" [2] which may be very interesting to investigate.

[1] http://www.graphviz.org/Documentation.php
[2] http://www.graphviz.org/cvs/doc/libguide/libguide.pdf

luc