Re: Arrow line with text inbetween?

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 21:13, Thomas Adam wrote:
> Hi, Alan
>
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 09:02:27PM -0500, Alan G Isaac wrote:
> > On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Thomas Adam apparently wrote:
> > > ------ description ------------->
> > >        of arrow
> >

> > If you draw a line (with or without arrowhead) you will find a
> > connection point at its center. Just connect your text there after
> > adjusting its formatting. Good enough?
>
> Almost, yes. :)  It's really the "embeddedness" of the text actually on
> the arrow that I'm after, rather than attaching the text to the line's
> connection point (which, by the way, was an excellent suggestion!).

You could achieve the "embeddedness" effect by attaching line segments
to connection points centered on the invisible text box.  It could be
made into a stencil for your drawing pleasure :-).

I have come across "text paths" in drawing/graphics tools. They could be
added to the feature queue.

david

email:    david netwebconsultants com
phone:    (631) 224-1244