Re: Compiling Dia under Windows2000

Hi again!

Well, I used the instructions you made to compile with win32, it works fine
to compile Dia, maybe some includes or lib path to add (If there are, I wrote
that down somewhere...), packages to put in the right place but that's fine
to compile Dia.
As it was not working this morning, i replaced a dia install with my
build/win32 directory, and Dia worked fine. So, it seems the compiled
executable and libaries are fine,  I only need to move some (many) files to
the right location from the different packages used to compile.
I searched in the makefiles, and used them all, it doesn't copy all the files
required to run Dia in the build directory. As i wouldn't like to have
versions mismatch between the compiled files and the dlls and ressource files
needed to run Dia, I have to find all I need in my Dia compilation tree. This
way, I will really unpack packages, run the makefiles and get a fully working
Dia.
I spent some time today modifying the dia/makefile to get more ressources in
the right place, to do so, I simply looked the Dia installation I have (where
there are much more dlls and config files and other resources) and tryed to
have something in a close state, but I havent't finished yet.

I also noticed some differences between the Dia 0.94 I installed and the
sources I downloaded (on the downloads page of Dia homepage). It seems I have
less Sheets, less Shapes, no help files, and some more things. Should I
simply take the ones from the dia intallation, or is there somewhere I can
get Dia Shapes and other stuff?

Regards,

Clément