Re: 0.94 on XP: installation problems

After I posted my msg
 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2004-September/msg00031.html
I found the related messages
 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2004-September/msg00000.html
 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2004-September/msg00002.html

Unless these experiences are known anomalies, perhaps
the Windows download page
  http://dia-installer.sourceforge.net/
should warn XP users and suggest 0.92 instead.

This is really useful software, and IMHO you should make sure that
Windows users who are increasingly interested in open source
software are likely to have an excellent experience.

fwiw,
Alan Isaac

PS I've been using 0.90 under XP with good results and 0.92 under
Win2000 with good results, and my students who got rid of 0.94 and
are using 0.92 are now having a good experience.