Re: How to use PROP_TYPE_BUTTON?

Le Fri, Oct 22, 2004, à 12:42:19AM +1000, Le phan Anh a écrit:
> I better attach some images with this, is it ok to the newsgroup if I
> post imagages as well?

you've probably encountered the message size limit...

> In any case, here is the link to mine website, which currently contain
> some screenshots:
>
> http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~phanl/concept/

(nitpick: in PNG it would be a bit easier to open...)

> Image 1: a simple concept map with shapes created
>
> Image 2: When use click on object, a prop get display. And when user
> click on View button new dialog created.

ok

> Image3: the tab Reference Details is clicked. Some of the information is
> loaded from my external BibTeX. User can add more keys, and information
> of BibTeX entry for each key. Because I am using a parser as well, so
> changes can be applied directly to BibTeX. The keys are then combined
> and save back to original map
>
> Is that possible if I can put the key field right into main prop and
> change it later on using the second dialog? If possible, by which
> functions?

You can put a hidden, unsaved (if you want) "key" field
inside the Concept - Concept object. When you click on "View", you fetch the
value of this key property, populate dialog1 and display it. When the user
clicks "OK", you change the "key" property on the object's copy supplied to
your "View" event, and the StdProp library will propagate it to the object
if the user clicks on "apply" or "OK", and push the former value on the undo
stack as well.

You may even want to not hide this key value from the main property dialog.
I don't know why you don't want to save it. I don't remember for sure, but
there may be a "PROP_FLAG_READ_ONLY" if you want that the only way to change
the key is through your UI.

Hmmm. You can have several keys. Uh oh. Either your main key field is a
$SEPARATOR-separated list string, or I'd better start working on
PROP_TYPE_LIST...