Re: How to use PROP_TYPE_BUTTON?

Le Thu, Oct 21, 2004, à 12:58:55PM +1000, Le phan Anh a écrit:
> What I am trying to do is:
> I include a hidden field (not shown) in properties dialog, that field
> used to point to a keyword in my external BibTeX database.
>
> When users double click on object, a prop dialog appears and shows
> various props including a button. Clicking on the button will invoke
> function call to readin BibTex file, search for the keyword, and a new
> dialog appears. That window contains information about the BibTeX entry,
> searched using the keyword. I wish to have multiple keys, pointing to
> various entries, just like UML class has mutiple atts. The difference is
> that I need to interact with my external files, and do NOT save
> information within Dia. I just attach keys to object.
>
> Hope this make things a little bit clearer.

It does; and it sounds quite interesting.

Why don't you add another hidden field (or bunch of hidden fields) tagged
with PROP_DONT_SAVE (so that they are gone once the file is saved/reloaded),
and temporarily hold the state of your BiBTeX dialog into those new hidden
fields? (also, why do you want to hide the keyword field? Wouldn't it be
better to let the user see the what the keyword is right into the main
property dialog, and then click on the button if s/he wants to change it?)