WIndows version compared with Linux

I decided to try the Windows version of dia 0.94 to see if the fonts
worked any better on my HP deskjet printer.  My immediate reactions
are:-

    Right click on the background doesn't do anything in Windows.

    Since I have a bigger selection of fonts I'm more likely to get
    something that looks as I want (Letter Gothic works well).

    It crashes if you try more than about three different fonts in
    sequence.

    The page layout is wonky.  I have a diagram which looks centred on
    the blue page lines on screen but it prints out way off the centre
    of the page.

If I could get better fonts the Linux version works better for me, how
can I add fonts to the Linux version?  In particular can I get
something like Letter Gothic in Linux?

--
Chris Green (chris areti co uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence."