Could not find plugin init

Good evening,
  I just compiled 0.94 (upgrading from 0.93) and noticed a few errors.
To curtail the basic questions: make and make install went without and errors.

When I launch dia I get a dialog which reads "Could not find plugin
init function in `/opt/dia/lib/dia/libxslt_filter.la`"

Nothing is dumped to the console.

The other errors are due to some missing PNGs in the new shapes packages.
All of the RE- packages give errors like:
** (dia:13289): WARNING **: failed to load pixbuf for file
/opt/dia/share/dia/sheets/Istar/means_ends.png; cause=Failed to open
file '/opt/dia/share/dia/sheets/Istar/means_ends.png': No such file or
directory

And the dia shape console shows empty boxes.
These missing PNGs are not in the source tree either (instead from
tar.gz package).
For example, RE-i* has only four shapes.

I will probably recompile with greater than "minimum" debug to see if
that tells me more about the plugin bit. I just thought I would try
here first in the case that there was an easy fix.

Cheers,
-xtype

P.S. long time dia user. dia owns visio!