Re: Who is the Official Dia maintainer 2004 onwards? (updating the docs)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:57:31 +0100
> From: Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>
> To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
> Subject: Re: Who is the Official Dia maintainer 2004 onwards? (updating
>     the docs)
>
> On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 21:04, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > For the purposes of the documentation who is the official maintainer?
> > Should I put Lars, Cyrille, Hans, Steffen or some or all of the above?
> > It has been a long time since James Henstridge was the maintainer so I
> > think it is necessary to update this bit of information while I'm making
> > other changes to the documentation.
> > (I dont intend to include individual email addresses as I will add a link
> > to the mailing list subscription page instead).
>
> I believe I'm the official maintainer, if a single person has to be

I was going to simply put your name in place of James Henstridge but I
decided I should ask first.

> mentioned, but Hans and Steffen also maintain significant parts.
> Cyrille has declared himself too busy to be maintainer any more.

Depending on how I'm feeling I may try and rephrase the whole paragraph,
warning users the level of support they should expect from us, not to
contact us individually but to use the list and to harass their vendor to
help out etc.  If I'm feeling extremely lazy I'll remove the section
altogether rather than have something that can so easily go out of date.

> > I'm updating the documentation, it covered a lot of Dia version 0.90 but
> > when I compared it against Dia 0.94 in Fedora Core 3 I was embarrassed
> > into finally make the improvements I had long intended to make.

I simply couldn't bear to look at "pnumanitic" spelled that way.

> > I hope to have a big patch later this week (maybe, maybe later than that
> > if I get really stuck into it and make a lot of changes).
>
> Sounds good, it needs that.

I always feel I should do more, as a way of thanking those who fixed
things I wanted done, most recently I must say thanks Hans for adding
Fullscreen!

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/
Free SVG Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org

Playing with the Jigsaw shapes, Dia Screenshot
http://netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dia/screenshots/Dia-Screenshot-6-JigSaw-KeiraKnightley.png
Dimensions 1024 x 768, File size 382 kb.