Re: UTF-8 Charset & Java Plugin Development - Problems

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 joel ccuec unicamp br wrote:

> Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:19:45 -0300 (BRST)
> From: joel ccuec unicamp br
> To: dia-list gnome org
> Cc: joel ccuec unicamp br
> Subject: UTF-8 Charset  & Java Plugin Development -  Problems
>
> Dear Friends,
>
> I'm writing a kind of a Java module that generates Dia diagrams, but I'm
> facing some problems related to the UTF-8 File format. My Java class
> generates
> a file but when I try to open it using Dia comes a message saying the file
> format is unknown.
> Altough it is in the very beginning I'm appending the java code hoping it
> may help.

I'm not sure if it is still the case but it used to be that the Dia
importer was very strict and it can be very difficult to generate
compatible documents.  If you cannot generate documents Dia understands it
might be worthwhile looking at the Dia code and seeing if you can try to
help improve the importer.

Good luck with your project.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan