Re: Dia hex-grid vs. triangular grid

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Felix Shvaiger wrote:

> Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:30:42 +0200
> From: Felix Shvaiger <fshvaige cisco com>
> To: dia-list gnome org, peter_poulsen stofanet dk
> Subject: Dia hex-grid vs. triangular grid
>
> Hi All,
>
> Hex-grid is great idea (I see it in v0.94) !
>
> As evolution of it, I think,
> triangular grid should be added or even
> hex-grid should be replaced with triangular.
> Triangular grid has all features and advantages of hex-grid
> (in fact, tri-grid is exactly hex-grid with extra point in center of hexagon)
> and some additional: guidelines are continuous,
> more guided directions from each grid point, etc.
>
> Could someone make it for Dia, please ?

Sounds like a good idea.

Please add a request in Bugzilla.  http://bugzilla.gnome.org

It might get added eventually by some generous soul but if you really want
it you will need to try and add it yourself or sponsor a programmer to do
it for you.

Thanks for using Dia.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Earlier for no particular reason I took a screenshot Screenshot of Dia
http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dia/screenshots/Dia-Screenshot-4-KeiraKnightley.png
(Dimensions 1024, 1280 pixels.  File Size 509 kilobytes)