Re: DXF

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 17:10, Luk Schoonbaert wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I was searching for a simple alternative for visio and DIA seems to be very
> user-friendly. My congratulations for the design of Dia Drawing !
>
> Before I start substantial contribution I have 2 important questions/remarks :
>
> - drawings (with basic shapes) made with the dia drawing tool and exported
> as .dxf files are only partially saved and give errors on some dxf viewers.

That is probably fixable, DXF is not a terribly complicated format.

> - are there standard shapes or templates for the (simple) drawing of
> building sites (ground-plans) ?

No, there isn't.  A severe lack in that direction is some way to do
rotation.  The rest would just be to add some shapes, which is quite
simple.

> This is very important and it could be a good business opportunity because
> we then consider to make it part of our offering to our customers.

I hope you can get it to be useful.  We are open to patches, especially
in the area of rotation.  For that matter, I am willing to concentrate
on specific area for a reasonable renumeration.