Re: Resizing problems

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 06:07, Justin Gombos wrote:
> I signed up for this list a couple days ago, and haven't seen any
> posts.. I just wanted to see whether this list is still active.  I've
> started using Dia for the first time, and have some questions.

Welcome!  Oh, it's quite active normally, but right now we're doing
prerelease for version 0.93, and, well, I guess it's just such a perfect
release nobody's finding any bugs whatsoever.

> Control-D is supposed to delete an object, but it never does.  Is
> there a key mapping file or something that I might not have configured
> properly?

There has been a bug where a newly created object didn't register
keyboard shortcuts.  But for "older" objects, it should work.  We've
moved to using the Delete key recently, though.

> I've been using multiple different layers in a network design layout,
> and I have not been able to connect objects in one layer to objects in
> a different layer.  Is there a way to do this?  I'd like to have each
> LAN in a box on its own layer, but eventually the LANs have to connect
> to each other.

That's not possible at the moment, though I don't think there's a really
strong reason for it.  It'll just take some fiddling with updates and a
way in the layer dialog to mark which layers are active for connection.

Which version of Dia are you using?