Re: routing tables to dia network map

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 07:59:43PM +0100, Philippe Biondi wrote:
> - Dia or other tool ?

Well, my personal preference would be dia.  Question: Do you
intend to create diagrammes that you want to edit manually
(e.g. to refine things) or is your goal a 100% complete
automatic solution (e.g. to present things in the web
without any intervention)?  If you go for (1), use dia, if
you want to have (2), dia does not help so much.  OK, you
can automatically create PNG from dia files...

> - Dia python plugin / simple XML generator / no parser at all / other ?

I think, a stand-alone Python programme would be the best
solution, using either the standard Python XML library or
the libxml2 module for Python.  There is no much gain in
having it a Dia plugin, right?

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/