chinese support glitches?

Hi,

First of all, kudos to everyone working on this nice program!

I'm currently using dia 0.92.2-3 on debian/unstable, and found the
following quirk:

I can enter simplified chinese text into popped up dialog boxes, such as
UML class, ER entity etc. (by double clicking on the object and change
the title etc. using chinese). But when I try to use a DiaText object, I
can't activate the XIM I'm using by pressing CTRL + Space (though I can
enter English as usual); the same problems happens with UML/Small
Package.

It seems that I can activate XIM and then enter simplified chinese into
pop-up dialogs to change the title/property etc. of dia objects, but it
doesn't allow me to use XIM and enter chinese directly onto the canvas
(I don't whether it's the current term used in dia, but you know what I
mean). I suspect maybe it happens to users to other encodings that need
to use XIM as well?

Any comments/clarifications appreciated,

Joseph H. Yao