Re: Business Process Mapping

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Peter Foley wrote:

> Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:58:32 +1000
> From: Peter Foley <peter foley abs gov au>
> To: dia-list gnome org
> Subject: Business Process Mapping
>

> I am working for a government department that is interested in mapping (and
> managing) business processes (workflow). What we need is a customisable tool
> that allows us to draw the maps and save them as xml.
>
> Your product looks interesting. Can it do the following (or be easily extended)
> -
>
> a) Use svg gradients to fill the shapes

No, Not at the moment.

> b) Stop users from changing the size of the shapes
> c) Hide the basic shapes toolbox
> d) Hide the basic properties grid

Not sure precisely what you have in mind here but I believe these would
all be relatively easy modifications.

> e) Display an optional extended properties grid e.g. label

We dont do this yet in general way although i think some objects do
support specific labels.

> f) Redraw the connections as shapes are repositioned

As the shapes are repositioned the connections already go with them.

> PS I might be able to do some of the coding required

I am not up to date with the latest and greatest version of Dia so my
information may be innaccurate and I would strongly encourage you to try
and compile the latest version from CVS and try it out for yourself.

- Alan