Re: Non-GUI mode: "assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed" in 0.93?

At 09:46 09.06.04, W. Borgert wrote:
On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 12:46:31AM +0200, Colin Marquardt wrote:
> I am running "Dia version 0.93, compiled 18:44:44 Jun  8 2004" on

I'm using either
Dia version 0.93, compiled 01:21:56 May 27 2004 (official package)
or
Dia version 0.93+cvs, compiled 07:06:55 Jun  9 2004 (self-compiled)
on Debian GNU/Linux (sid).

> When trying to convert from the command line (in order to use the
> --size switch eventually), I get:
>
> $ dia --export-to-format=png ToplevelStateMachine.dia

The following works for me with version 0.93:

dia --export=UML-demo.png --size=100x100 --nosplash UML-demo.dia

Unfortunately, this does not work with the CVS version
anymore.

Looking to the ChangeLog (e.g. search for --size) may help, I'd even say this is what the ChangeLog is all about :)

2004-05-31 Hans Breuer <hans breuer org>

        * app/app_procs.c : reduce the hack to pass --size to the
        export via user_data to the only filter supporting it. Other
        filters would crash on it or do worse ;(

it appears as if I should have tested my change - but failed that due to current lack of popt support on windoze. Anyway, with some other change done on HEAD the usual command line won't be enough, cause there are more than one filter capable to export to png. To explicit get the _one_ png filter supporting the --size hack (libart based) you need to select it explicit, probably with something along the line of :

dia --export=UML-demo.png --filter=png-libart --size=100x100 --nosplash UML-demo.dia

But looking at the code : sorry it won't as the --filter switch to select the exact filter isn't supported yet :)

So the only way for currnt HEAD would be to de-select all filter claiming to support png but you don't like to use ...

It says:

** (dia-python:29008): WARNING **: --size parameter unsupported for selected filter

What's wrong?

I simply can't correlate all the message with the code. It appears as if there is a relation to the Python plug-in, which there probably isn't.
The rest of it simply says that the export filter seleced by extension is not the _one_ which supports the --size paramater, either :

- the gdk-pixbuf based filter which in fact needs a display, or
- the Cairo based filter, which should not need a display, but is only available if compiled --with-cairo

Hans