Re: Dia Image Copyrights

> Yep. We could make it formal by relicensing as LGPL or something more
> appropriate, or if we can just track back every contributor, get a nod
> to put a (libc|gcc)-like exemption (like "if you embed the shapes into
> another diagram editor, then GPL applies. If you embed the shapes into
> diagrams you publish or otherwise use, then you can, no strings
> attached").

I'm not sure it would be fair to try and make that distinction.  'Embed'
brings up confusing issues, compiling and linking doesn't make sense when
you are talking about data rather than code.  It hurts my head, I need a
laywer!

(Slightly offtopic for a moment but bear with me) I read various little
snippets and using a recent version of Mandrake I finally confirmed that
Kivio is using Dia templates and I dont think Kivio is entirely GPL (but
it is confusing I'm not sure how theKompany.com and the version fit
together KOffice).  I would have been nice if someone had actually
mentioned it to us and if they had said thanks but it is good that they
can use the Dia shape templates too and I dont see any benifit to
excluding them.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/