Re: formatting of the Changelog subject line [Re: Dia ChangeLog report for Sat Jul 17 07:23:01 2004 (UTC)]

Le Tue, Jul 20, 2004, à 08:10:55PM +0100, Alan Horkan a écrit:

> Would it be possible to change the Subject line of the changelog so that
> instead of
>   Dia ChangeLog report for Sat Jul 17 07:23:01 2004 (UTC)
> it was more like
>   Dia ChangeLog report for 2004 07 17  07:23:01  (UTC)
>
> so that when sorted by Subject the changelog would also be sorted by Date
> with no extra effort.

Hmm. Right now it's an RFC-822 string, which has its own advantages...

> If it is possible and not too difficult I'd appreciate it if you were
> willing to make the change and it would encourage me to read back through
> the change logs more often.

I can certainly make the change (maybe it's a little bit too late for
today's run), that's a trivial thing to do indeed. However, there's also
a "Date:" field meant for sorting... I'm not sure what you request is
the best thing to do with respect to readability.