Re: Sizing under Linux and XP

On 5 Jan 2004, Karsten Reincke wrote:
> hello;
>
> I have 2 problems, using dia 0.92.0 under Linux and XP:
>
> (1) Normally under Linux all works fine. But if I'm opening a complex
> diagram (elements are touching the page borders and reaching the
> neighboured pages), which  has been generated under Linux, under XP, the
> sizings are changed, especially there where text is involved.

This could be a problem of the underlying font selection.  If Win32 and X
give different fonts when asked for 'sans', that could show up as different
sizes in the diagram.  You can see in your fontconfig config file what's
the default under Linux, it should be in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf.

> (2) If I'm (re)generating a complex diagram under windows, I can't print
> them: elements which start at the one page and are contiued at the next,
> are only printed at the next page. And those of the first, which are
> only on the first, don't respect the sizes.

Can't say about this.

> I assume, that this has been affected by the font-handling. Is there any
> work-around for using Linux prepared diagrams under XP(-Printing)
> without any losses?

The next version, which supports fontconfig under Windows, may be more
uniform in this regard.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor