Re: description of the XML format of Dia

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, NAUDIN Alexia wrote:

> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:05:38 +0100
> From: NAUDIN Alexia <alexia.naudin@arche.fr>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: description of the XML format of Dia
>
> Hi guys !
>
> My name is Alexia and I'm new in the mailing list.

Welcome, thanks for joining.

> I'm doing a work placement and my task is to developp a tool that would
> generate network diagrams automatically, using snmp requests. I'm going
> to use DIA to draw the diagrams, therefore I need to know the
> description of the XML format of Dia. I had a look on the official web

The DTD is in CVS (and in the source tarball) and contians most of what
you need although it is a little out of date because it is not directly
connected to Dia but it kept for maintainance purposes

doc/diagram.dtd  doc/shape.dtd  doc/sheet.dtd

> site but couldn't find it. Maybe can you help me ? Unless someone
> already wrote something that would generates XML Dia format files ?...

AutoDia http://droogs.org/autodia/
and
Tedia2Sql http://tedia2sql.tigris.org/
generate files in the Dia file format but I'm not sure they are relavant.

> I hope I was clear, thanks a lot ! Alexia

It was your English is perfectly understandable.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

PS I'm no expert, one of the developers will probably respond with a
better answer.