Area select inside objects

    Hi!

 Is it possible select group of objects inside another objects ?
In other words: I have big rectangle which occupy many screens.
And inside this rectange there are a lot of other objects.
When I try to select some area inside this rectangle - I move
this big rectange. And cann't select. Not with Ctrl, Alt or any
other keys. "Area select" can be made if only select begin
in free area - that not belong any object.

--
   Dmitry Perfilyev