Re: Installation Problem on Win95

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 X002009@aol.com wrote:

> Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:00:35 EST
> From: X002009@aol.com
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Installation Problem on Win95
>
> Hi, I've installed Dia 0.92.2 on a Win95 machine. I received no errors during
> installation. However, when I start Dia, a DOS command window opens
> (expected), however the window is filled with the following error messages:
>
> "Cannot load module ../lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll: One of
> the
> library files needed to run this application cannot be found."

[Steffen may have already answered this or something similar but my mail
doesn't seem to be threading properly so I'll answer this too just in
case]

Pango is the text rendering library and Dia is failing to find it, there
may be a minor problem with your installation of GTK.

if you take the shorcut you have pointing to Dia and look at its
properties dialog.  If you change the "Start In" parameter to point to the
directory that contains GTK that might help (you might need to point to
the GTK\bin directory or failing that whichever directory contains the
pango .dll

Hope that helps (i probably have not described it well enough, if so just
ask again).

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/