Re: How do you install Dia?

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Tom Duffy wrote:

> Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:02:37 -0500
> From: Tom Duffy <tcduffy@rcn.com>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: How do you install Dia?
>
> The install directions are very sparse causing me an inability of
> successfully installing Dia. You might want to have install program so

(I assume you are running Linux if your Mozilla Mail headers are to be
believed).

What Linux Distribution are you running?
Are you using RPMs, Debian packages, building from source or something
else.

Dia shouldn't be significantly more difficult than any other piece of
software for Linux (with the possible exception of Mozilla which has an
installer just like the windows version (be careful about the dangerous
uninstaller though, it might delete more than you expected!))

> that a user can easily install Dia or at least put all the necessary
> files in one directory to copy. The Dia product sounds very impressive;
> however, I am not able to enjoy it because the installation
> documentation is not straight forword and leads to imcomplete
> installation. This is unforturnate.
>
> I hope you can think of an easy alternative way for installing the Dia
> product.

If you could be more specific we will try and do our best to improve
things.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/