Re: new member

I just want to say that this is probably the most unusual use of Dia so far.

---

Well, the program has lots of potentail,, the more it does perhaps we get more users. using the software, you are right the elements need to be one size, as I said there needs to be only a few elements, it's how you represent a player with ball that could be interested, I would go the easy route, ellipse, with PB for player with ball, PA for attacking player and perhaps PD for defensive player,

(clearly this can be expanded for US football positions)

if you look at the diagram on the replacement section of Madden NFL games it's very simple and what is written on the element gives it's meaning.

This gets round your need for rotation of players, as long as you can indicate with arrowheads the direction of movement it will be fine, as the program matures then you can add extra elements or modify exisitng ones.

Paul

Lars: what is the state with rotation? Any help needed?

After making enough of an attempt to see what problems I'd be running
into, I have come to the conclusion that I'll not be adding rotation
before 1.0. It would require rather a lot of work in the renderers and in
the autorouting algorithm. Getting rotated groups to make sense
internally is not trivial either. And this is before considering what the
interface would be like. I might make text elements rotateable as a
special case. Of course, if somebody else thinks it's easy, go ahead. Notes should go on
http://faemalia.org/wiki/view/Technical/RotationAndScaling.