Re: new member

Hello,

On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 20:46 +0000, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am a rugby coach in the Uk, (but also into computers)  I thought it
> would be an nice idea to have a program that could help me draw diagrams
> of drills for my coaching sessions,  but I have very little programming
> knowledge,  then I remembered dia and thought that it would probably be
> more worth while getting some help with new elements for this or just
> suggesting some,  and perhaps help the program branch out into another area.
[SNIP]

> if any one on the list is involved with coaching (or knows any coaches)
> perhaps they may have some more ideas,
>
> I would think that a line would be a good way to represent a player
> moving with a ball,  a broken line could represent a player running
> without a ball and a different broken line represents the path of ball
> being passed,
>
> I therefore decided to join the list so I could possibly get help with
> this idea / concept.

I am very interested by the idea. I will soon need some software to draw
coaching diagrams, unfortunately I found nothing both specific and open
source.

With dia it is very easy to make your own sheet (for example "rugby")
with custom elements. I have been quickly experimenting with the idea
some times ago. Here are my two concerns:

- Elements must not be scalable, so you keep the same ratio for all of
them and just zoom in and out. (Is it possible at all with shapes?)

- Players need rotation

Lars: what is the state with rotation? Any help needed?

Greetings,
luc