Re: Updated Dia Win32 Compilation Documentation

Steffen Macke writes:
 > More good news in this direction: Microsoft is giving away the Visual C++
 > Toolkit 2003 for free:

But, they don't include any import libraries for msvcrt.dll, or any of
the Win32 API libraries, nor any headers for Win32. The Win32 API
import libraries and headers can be found in the Platform SDK, but
finding msvcrt.lib is more problematic (unless you (illegally) copy it
from some licensed installation of an earlier MSVC release). I.e., it
doesn't seem to be real "free beer" alternative to mingw yet.

I don't think building an import library for msvcrt.dll yourself
(using link /dump /exports, some editor, and link /lib) works. If I
recall correctly, msvcrt.lib also contains some essential static
objects, not just the import stubs.

--tml