Re: SuSE 9.0

-- Lars Clausen <lars@raeder.dk>

> On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 23:44, Dan C wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've used Dia on SuSE Linux for two years.
>> I know there's a problem with the fonts on SuSE 9.0.
>> Is there a proven method to work around this font issue?  Am I the only
>> person  on the planet using SuSE 9.0 that can't read text in Dia anymore?
>
> It's the combination of Dia 0.91 and Pango 1.2.4+ that triggered a
> hidden bug.  It's fixed in Dia 0.92.2, but it doesn't seem to have made
> it into SUSE 9.0.  Hopefully 9.1 has it, otherwise it can be downloaded
> from the Dia web page www.gnome.org/projects/dia.

Actually, I've had font problems in SuSE 9.0 with later
versions of 0.92.2; I'd always figured it was an issue
with the collection of 5+ Gnome lib's I had to compile
in order to get dia complied on the 9.0 distro.

My current plan was to see how well 0.93 worked on 9.1
week after next (i.e., after it comes out :-).  If
anyone is willing, I'd be happy to test 9.0 with some
set of consistent lib's that compile on 9.0.

enjoi

--
Steven Lembark
Workhorse Computing