Re: Incorrect behaviour in a warning dialog

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Alan Horkan wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Zhang Lin-bo wrote:
>
> > Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:23:20 +0800 (CST)
> > From: Zhang Lin-bo <zlb@lsec.cc.ac.cn>
> > Subject: Incorrect behaviour in a warning dialog
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just downloaded dia-0.93-pre2, and I found out
> > some incorrect behaviour in the dialog for saving
> > modified diagrams:
> >
> > 1. Run dia
> >
> > 2. Open a new diagram, and add an arbitrary object
> > (such as an ellipse)
> >
> > 3. Click on the "Close" button (WM) of the main
> > window ("Diagram Editor" window). A warning dialog
> > appears ("Modified diagrams exists, ...")
> >
> > 4. Click on the "Cancel" button in the warning dialog.
> > The "Diagram Editor" window disappears (which shouldn't),
> > but dia keeps running.
> >
> > BTW, the new version works better with reggarding to
> > copying/pasting Chinese characters (in 0.92.2, only
> > the first 1 or 2 chars in X11's cut buffer get pasted).
>
> What you called "Diagram Editor" tends to be called the Toolbox (I didn't
> know what to call it at first either).

Okay. (It is what's displayed in the titlebar, maybe it's better to
change to something like 'Dia - Toolbox')

> I think I understand you correctly and I am pretty sure this is a bug I
> aslo encountered but neglected to report in Bugzilla and forget about (and
> I dont think I was able to replicate it as easily in versions > dia 0.90)
> It would be a big help if you could check to see if there is already a
> report of this in bugzilla and if not please add one.

I have looked at bugzilla.gnome.org without finding a report on this
bug. Since it did not exist in version 0.92.2, it was probably
newly introduced in 0.93 (the bug is reproducible on my system with
both versions 0.93-pre1 and 0.93-pre2, but not with 0.92.2).

I have not filed a formal bug report because I thought it a short-term
one, i.e., it should not be difficult to fix it (though I don't know how)
and it's better to have it fixed before the final version (0.93) comes out.
Do you really think that I should file a bug report for it?

Sincerely,
Lin-bo Zhang