Re: Printing crashes (w/ or w/o gnome) even to .ps

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 01:01, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Every time I try to print from Dia the program crashes, whether I print
> to .ps file or to a printer.  I've tried re-compiling with and without
> gnome support (my default is w/out).  I'm printing directly to lpr.
> I've tried printing at 100% and at fit-to-1-page.  All results are
> identical:  "Application 'dia' (process 26238) has crashed due to a
> fatal error. (Segmentation fault)."
>
> We have a gentoo system with 2.6 kernal, cups 1.1.19, and dia 0.92.2.
> The printer is an HP Laserjet 4Si.
>
> I will greatly appreciate any support or pointers!

Can you run it under GDB (if running with the run_dia.sh script, set
DEBUGGER to gdb) and give a backtrace?  And can you send the diagram to
either the list, or me if it's sensitive information?  AFAIR, we have no
reports of crashes with printing, but since it happens with both file
and printer printing, it sure sounds like a dia problem.