Re: PS Fonts

On 30 Sep 2003, Wynand Winterbach wrote:
> Thank you so much for the PS option Lars.
> This is a true testimony to the power of OpenSource,
> and I'm glad it happened on the DIA list.
>
> Bravo, and bravo again.

I'm glad of course that it made you happy, but there's still many that are
unhappy with various aspects of Dia (speed, inconsistency, export
parameters, connection points, embedding object shapes, ...) that could and
should be fixed were there but more hands to do so.

Now as I wrote earlier, I won't have *any* time after 0.92 is out (later
this week, I think) to improve Dia, until about Christmas.  I'll keep
applying patches, but that's all I can do.  So if you want something
implemented in that period, you'll have to do it yourself.  Remember, the
power of Open Source is in your hands.

Besides, I can't take credit for the PS option.  Hans had done the coding a
while ago, I just enabled it for Unix.  It was only done now because there
was no sign of a better solution being introduced this year.  If somebody
can look at font embedding (using or stealing from PangoPDF), I hope we can
get a single solution that has the advantages of both options.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor