Re: Dia ChangeLog report for Fri Sep 12 07:23:02 2003 (UTC)

On 12 Sep 2003, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> Le Fri, Sep 12, 2003, à 09:36:28AM +0200, Dia ChangeLog Daemon a écrit:
>
>> +	* lib/dialibartrenderer.c (begin_render):
>> +	* app/render_libart.c (begin_render): Use correct DPI for screen
>> +	(well, actually the default DPI of 75 for now).
>
> can't we find the actual DPI, rather than defaulting on a value which
> hardly matches the current practice (typical 96 dpi on modern screens) ?

That's what was used in Pango up to 1.2.3.  Truly, we should query the
screen for its DPI (we can get screen width in pixels and mm, but
apparently the mm isn't very reliable).  It claims for instance that my
screen is >43 cm width, but the total viewable width is <37 cm.  Right now,
I just want fonts to correspond to the diagram size.  Later it'd be nice to
actually figure out the right size and make one cm at 100% be one cm
on-screen.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃ¥rdgrim of Numenor