Re: Dia-list digest, Vol 1 #979 - 10 msgs

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:57:54 +0100 (BST)
> From: Alan Horkan <horkana@maths.tcd.ie>
> To: Forum Dia <dia-list@gnome.org>
> Subject: Re: Asks about using grafcet editor
>

> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Kilian Chablais wrote:
>
> > Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:02:21 +0200
> > From: Kilian Chablais <kilian.chablais@ascii.ch>
> > To: Forum Dia <dia-list@gnome.org>
> > Subject: Asks about using grafcet editor
> >
> > Hi !
> >
> > 1. When I modify the preferences (like snap to yes, keep tool box on
> > top of diagram windows to yes), I seen that the preferences dialog
> > only affects diagrams that are created thereafter. Ok. But When I quit
> > the dia editor and I restart it after, the last modifications of
> > preferences are not saved. How can I set by default a specific
> > configuration of dia editor ?
>
> There have been problems with the Windows version of Dia not correctly
> saving Preferences.  Presumably if you are using Microsoft Outlook Express
> for email* you are using Windows.
>
> One way to workaround this would be to find the .dia directory and edit
> the file diarc yourself.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Alan Horkan
>

> * If you can please consider using an email program that does not spread
> viruses so easily, I received thousands of viruses in the past month even
> though I only read email on Linux, I still get my mailbox clogged by
> Windows Viruses.

I saw when I modify the preferences the file diarc will be updated. OK.
But at the next starting of the dia editor the preferences are lost and any
changes are occured in the file diarc.
(ex: grid_snap=true in the file but the option "snap to" is false in the
preferences of dia editor).
I forget yesterday to mention that we are using Windows 2000 SP3 as OS.

Thanks

PS. Thanks to Lars too.

Kilian