Re: "move" tool

On 9 Sep 2003, Glauber Ribeiro wrote:
> [...]

Now we need to be clear on what we're calling what.  The suggestions are

1) Change the icon (that is, the picture shown in the toolbox) to a hand
   icon, like in Acrobat Reader and others.  This should work
   internationally because of the metaphor used in the pointer of grabbing
   the diagram and moving it around.

2) Change the name of the tool, as seen in the tooltip and the Tools menu,
   from "Scroll" to "Hand" or "Pan".  This would be translated into the
   appropriate word for scrolling around (resp. using the hand or panning)
   in pt_BR.

We don't want to change the icon to look like a scroll.

You bring up an interesting side-point, though, that one would think that a
Hand tool can grab objects as well.  That would make some sense, but I also
think there's a lot of value in not having to change tool all the time
while fiddling with layout.

-Lars "Not in this release" Clausen

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor