Off List Posting

Gentlemen-
     We are rolling out OpenOffice for our whole City in about 7 weeks,
and part of that will be that I will be installing Dia as well to offer
additional functionality.

There are two thing that would aid in the deployment, support and polish
of Dia.

1) The dialog box that comes up when you print is tough for our users.
They are aren't good at putting in Linux commands, and just a basic
"lpr" command will send it to the system default printer which is here
in IT and not at their desk.  Integration with CUPS would be great, or a
graphical interface for printer selection (such as in Gedit).

2) The configuration screen should allow you to select your default save
directory.  The users don't run it from the command line, so they can't
put themselves into the directory they desire.  Some users will want to
save to the local drive ($HOME), and others will want to use our NAS
device.  A single line text widget with [Browse] button would be great.
All Dia files would then store in this directory.

Thanks for consideration, it's really a nice program!

Dave Richards
City of Largo, Florida.
Systems Administrator