Comments in .fig files?

Hi, I am using Dia .91 and I've very happy with it.  I'm having a
problem with opening a .fig file generated by GraphViz.  Specifically,
when I try to open these files I get the error:

    Couldn't identify FIG object: Undefined error: 0

I have no problem opening these files in xFig.  After some investigation
I found that Dia has a problem with some '#' style comments that are
scattered throughout the file, ie:

    # inventory table
    2 3 0 1 0 7 0 0 20 0.000 0 0 0 0 0 5
             401 1745 1751 1745 1751 278 401 278 401 1745
    2 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0.000 0 0 0 0 0 2
             401 611 1751 611

After removing all such comments, I was able to open the file.  I'm not
sure if this is a bug or an oversight since I'm not familiar with the
.fig format.  However, unless something prohibits this, it might be a
good idea for Dia to ignore lines beginning with '#'.

Garth