Re: bounding points for boxes etc.

Lars Clausen пишет:
> On 2 Sep 2003, avp@cad.ru wrote:
>
>>Almost every shape in Dia has connection points that allow a user to
>>bound these shapes to other ones via lines, curves etc. But there's a
>>strict amount of such points. Is there an easy way to change this
>>amount?
>

> No.  We have discussed various solutions, but it's tricky.  It has to be
> done in a way consistent with each object, and in such a way that saved
> diagrams work correctly.  If we just added connection points at
> user-defined places, they wouldn't move the right way when the object
> changes shape.  There's some work on allowing a 'gap' at the start and end
> of a line, which could allow the whole object to act as a connectionpoint,
> but that's future music.

What if connection points are added in user defined (and thus fixed)
points, and Dia calculates percentage of each connection point's
position and resizes sides keeping ratio taken from that percentage info?

E.g.:

1      2     3   4        5
*------*-----*---*--------*
0      30    50  60       100

goes to... (by ratio ~1.5)

1         2        3     4            5
*---------*--------*-----*------------*
0         30       50    60           100

Another way would be calculating equal distance between connection
points after adding/removing a connection point.

E.g.:

You add 1 connection point. Dia reaaranges distances and therre it goes:

Add 1 more:

Of course here pops up the first problem: how to handle one side of a
box apart of other ones.

Am I too far from reality?

Alexandre