Re: bounding points for boxes etc.

On 2 Sep 2003, avp@cad.ru wrote:

> Almost every shape in Dia has connection points that allow a user to
> bound these shapes to other ones via lines, curves etc. But there's a
> strict amount of such points. Is there an easy way to change this
> amount?

No.  We have discussed various solutions, but it's tricky.  It has to be
done in a way consistent with each object, and in such a way that saved
diagrams work correctly.  If we just added connection points at
user-defined places, they wouldn't move the right way when the object
changes shape.  There's some work on allowing a 'gap' at the start and end
of a line, which could allow the whole object to act as a connectionpoint,
but that's future music.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor