Re: Modifying properties of several objects at the same time

Alle 14:41, domenica 26 ottobre 2003, Alan G Isaac ha scritto:

> To change the properties of multiple objects in
> a diagram, I like to be able to associate a style
> with them.  The style defintion should be local
> to the diagram.  Each object can then be associated
> with a list of styles, which should cascade like
> CSS style sheets do.  In the long run, I think any
> other approach proves awkward.

I must say that Alan proposal is very very interesting.
It needs a styles-widget that IMHO should allow to:
 - associate a unique-label to any style;
 - create a new stile;
 - associate a style to;
   - selected objects (when possible);
   - all selected objects of a given type;
   - all objects of a given type;
 - create a new style as a copy of an existing one;
 - create a new style with default values, user defined application wide.

I would also extend the idea of styles to have:
 - styles local to a diagram;
 - system-wide styles (that can be both application presets and
   defined by the ststem administrator, who can write in /usr/share/dia or
   wherever system shares are;
 - user-defined styles, that would be saved in the user ~/.dia directory
   and are defined by the user.

The styles might be grouped by their type (diagram, system, user), and a user
should be able to drag'n drop, say, a style from the diagram group to the
user group to have it saved among his user-defined styles.

That would be really nice :)

Daniele