Re: Modifying properties of several objects at the same time

Lars Clausen пишет:
> On 26 Oct 2003, Alan G. Isaac wrote:
>
>>I have not been following this conversation closely,
>>and I have been working mostly with an older Dia,
>>so my comments may be redundant.  If not...
>>
>>To change the properties of multiple objects in
>>a diagram, I like to be able to associate a style
>>with them.  The style defintion should be local
>>to the diagram.  Each object can then be associated
>>with a list of styles, which should cascade like
>>CSS style sheets do.  In the long run, I think any
>>other approach proves awkward.
>

> No, that idea hasn't been mentioned before.  It's an interesting idea, and
> potentially highly useful.  Simply mark a set of property settings as a
> named style, and have an easy way to pick a style.  Allows for more of a
> 'logical' handling of properties.
>
> It's probably not something we'd want to do until after 1.0, though.  There
> are more basic things that must be done first (like, oh, the text stuff).

It's really a nice idea. But there is another related thing that could
be improved - currently the Properties dialog doesn't understand
switching to other objects from a previously selected one. May be the
new solution suggested by Alan could help here too.

Alexandre