Dia Issue

Ok, here is the problem, Dia looks very nice, but the RPM provided by
DAG (a major provider of RPMs for Redhat systems) is not behaving
correctly. He is aware of the problem, and does not know why it exists.

You can see the text of the (short) discussion we had which explains the
problem.

If one of the developers could help DAG to build a working RPM that
would be fantastic.

thank you.

On 23 Oct 2003, gareth foster wrote:

> first let me say that your RPMs kick arse, and i use your apt-get
repos
> all the time.
>
> however, i tried to run dia recently, and it bombs out with this:
>
> "
> $>dia
> warning: failed to load external entity
> "/home/earthworm/.dia/defaults.dia"
> Couldn't find standard objects when looking for object-libs,
exiting...
> "
>
> any idea what is going on there? im not going to try to guess at what
is
> going on, you obviously know 10 times more than me about packaging
RPMs.

Yes, I have the same problem. It is described in the FAQ but I don't
understand what is said there as I'm doing the normal build procedure.

I didn't have the time to confront the developers with this, but if you
could that would be nice. Otherwise I'll see if I have the time in the
weekend to get to the bottom of this. It seemed as if there was
something
wrong with my system.

Thanks for the feedback,
--   dag wieers,  dag@wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --