Re: 0.92 PNG export problem on XP

At 16:26 31.10.03 -0600, Lars Clausen wrote:
>On 22 Oct 2003, W. Borgert wrote:
>> Quoting Steffen Macke <sdteffen@web.de>:
>>> Try using the export filter called GdkPixPuf bitmap instead of the
>>> Portable Network Graphics filter.
>>
>> This is not an option, because it does not allow me to set
>> the size of the resulting PNG.  Am I wrong?
>
>The Pango PNG filter is the only filter overall that allows setting the
>size.  It is possible to add to other filters, but nobody's done it.

If you meant 'with a user interface' you are right. But the pixbuf
(i.e. the other png filter) does use the paper scaling to control
the bitmap size. Looking at the source shows :

  /* quite arbitrary */
  zoom = 20.0 * data->paper.scaling;
  width = (rect.right - rect.left) * zoom;
  height = (rect.bottom - rect.top) * zoom;

So after all it should be possible to get a PNG with the
resolution/size you want - even without constantly being
annoyed by an extra size-adjustment-dialog ;-)

	Hans