Re: Defining Shapes - Error Message about "Several Object Types"

On Sat, 17 May 2003, David Powell wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to define some custom shapes for myself and I think I'm getting
> there, however I'm running into a few problems.
>
> To explain what I'm doing - I'm placing new shapes in my
> /usr/share/dia/shapes/MYSHAPES directory.
>
> When I use "sheets and objects" to load my new shapes I get an error message
> for each one that says:
>
> ***Error***
> Several Object types were named shapes - 'shape-name'.
> Only the first one will be used
> Some things might not work as expected
> ***end Error***
>
> I can assure you that I only have one .shape file for each shape in the

*buzz*, wrong answer,

your overconfidence is your downfall.  you can assure me all you like but
the filename is not the same as the shapename.

Shape name is defined inside the XML, <name></name> and they must be
unique.

I know the system is confusing and you are not the first to ask this
question, perhaps we need to change the system.

What kind of shapes are you making anyway?  Why so myseterious?

Sincerely

Alan H.