Re: Compiling dia for win32 using MSVC6 (on Win2k)

Hi,

Michael Wybrow wrote:

> This is probably of interest to Ben Hetland, who was having trouble
> compiling dia for win32 using MSVC6 (on Win2k), and to Steffen Macke,
> whose instructions I used (with some modifications) to do this.

Great comments!

>  o  There is a problem with `configure_dia_msvc.bat';
>     The line `move glib-2.2.1 glib' ends up moving the entire
>     glib-2.2.1 directory into the glib directory.

Yup, this is where it started messing up for me too...

>  o  Run the compilations commands under ``6. Compilation'' in
>     Steffen's instructions.

Hmmm... I also found myself having to rename a few of the other library
directories, like include\gtk-2.0 -> include\gtk, from version dependent
directory names to just the library names.

And then, in lib, it bailed out on

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
"..\../gtk+\gtk\gtk-win32-2.0.lib"
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'

(The gtk+ directory doesn't exist at all!)

I'll retry the procedures from start using your modifications, and see
where I end up!

-+-Ben-+-