Re: SVG support

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Jeroen ten Berge wrote:
> Hi All,

[...]
> Also I'd like to help development for the SVG export function, I think it
> needs more work on utilizing more elements, currently it uses obscure
> path elements which make the source very unreadible.  I also noticed that
> the attributes being set for elements in the drawing and grouped element
> attributes are not being placed in the SVG, I think i can help with that.

Thank you much for the offer, it is quite obviously needed.  The SVG
renderer hasn't been updated to take advantage of the new renderer
features.  For instance, renderers are now given a chance to handle groups
and objects as more than collections of drawing primitives -- see how XFig
does it for an example.  Using less obscure constructs when possible would
also be nice, and would help make import of exported SVG better.  As
Cyrille said, diff -u against CVS or (for the time being) against 0.91
would be most welcome.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor